- Finding out your favourite sauce/condiment isn’t vegan “What do you mean my spicy tomato pesto contains 7% cheese? ITS PESTO :(“
- Realising that your favourite fruits are never in season where you live, or prohibitively expensive (read: grapes and berries UGH MY WALLET)
- When you realise you eat so much damn food that you try to grow your own organic veggie patch at home, and fail miserably.
- When your SO/family/friends have surprisingly strong, negative reactions to your change of lifestyle.
- Having to look like a troll because they don’t sell vegan/non-animal-tested makeup in your country.
- Having plain beans and rice for dinner (again) because you’re broke from buying expensive fruit and importing makeup.
- When foreign restaurants don’t understand the concept of vegan, and so deliver your vegetarian pasta with cheese on top.
- When your dog starts begging for cucumber and veggie scraps, rather than just meat scraps.
What sort of face-palm, awkward, or hilarious moments have you experienced since going vegan/plant based? Leave a comment below!